When it comes to the dessert, a truly tempting appearance is just as important as the taste. As premier Indian caterers in London, Bharat Gangaram would like to share some of our top culinary tips to make your desserts look like they have been crafted in the finest international restaurant.
- Basundi – sweet thickened milk flavoured with cardamom. Serve Basundi in a beautiful glass dish or decorative metal dish with a glass inset. Sprinkle with a range of dried fruits, nuts and scattered petals around the serving dish
- Shrikhand – curd sweetened with sugar and the additions of saffron and cardamom, this is a creamy and rich, luxury dessert. Serve in individual ceramic pots sprinkled with Elachi powder
- Mohanthal – gram flour, milk and nuts with added flavours of besan, khoya and cardamom, Mohanthal is well known for its delicious taste but doesn’t always look that exciting on the table. Cut into square barfis and decorate with flakes of nuts and a sprinkling of cardamom seeds. Stack them into geometric shapes or make a round flower design using the barfis as petals
- Ghari – dough, milk, ghee and sugar combine to make a round ball with a centre of sweet dates. These look sumptuous on long, rectangular dessert plates in silver or gold placed in the centre of the table
- Aam Ras – a delicious and refreshing treat made of mango pulp with added flavours such as sonth, cardamom and saffron. Decant in a beautiful glass jug with mango kebabs and crispy hot pooris around the base
Bharat Gangaram has a long-established and well-deserved reputation as one of the finest Gujarati caterers in London. Indian food catering is known for its abundance of rich and exotic flavours but as with any cuisine, presentation and decoration is essential in order to maximise the culinary experience for the guest. For the best Indian catering, both in the restaurant and at external events, visit our website at www.bharatgangaram.com